Sunday, September 03, 2006

Prayer (of the pencil-pushing prophet)

Black Tea
in the fractured corporate mug
what are you so smug about?
So brave without the slightest clue
as to who you truly are
or of what's in the stars.

Black Free
where the banished warriors roam loose
whose juice is the blood of rocks
without locks or chains on their feet
dance to the beat of time and history
whose memory is an ancient mystery.

Black Tree
regrettably uprooted from my past
too fast a signal of the end
my dying friend who's lost his shade
so now i wade alone through the dark
searching for Noah's lost Ark.

Black Dream
that never gave me a chance
no thanks for all that i've become
I'm done with everything I'm not
we both forgot how to love each other
awake, i have no brother.

Black Sea
that keeps forever the men it swallows
hidden in the shallows left unfound
beneath a mound of invisible sand
where the hopes of men have sunk
you wont hear me for I am drunk.

4 comments:

ish said...

i like the "Black Free" stanza

R. Wagaba said...

Thanks?? i'm not sure. Does that mean the rest of it sucked? I guess its back to the drawing board then...

Minty said...

Bit late here, but let me say that I enjoyed reading this wholesome, entirely brilliant piece.

Anonymous said...

Does the Pencil Pushing prophet know why the cock thinks it should crow. Coz, there is one particular one that I want to kill 4 noise pollution.

I wonder if the prophet believes what he wrote in this particular line
"I'm done with everything I'm not"

the next episode should be

"Redemption(of the paper pushing prophet)"