Sunday, November 11, 2007

Lovers Anonymous

She gets up to dress
somewhere in the process
i turn a page
when does one reach the age
where animal lust wont suffice?
perhaps this is my price
for cheapening love into a carnal indiscretion
for purchasing it like some second hand possession
oh! how fitting that my price would be so measly
but even beasts in the wild tire of being beastly
so here's to being tamed
could i learn to love her without learning her name?
could she ever love me?
it might lose its appeal if love was free

I watch her carry on as if in reverse
panties back on, then fake jewelery, the dress and her purse
its the strangest sensation
hating the sin but enjoying temptation
craving the unconditional safety of her loins
a mirage, she knows only the weight of my coin
couldn't i learn to love this lady of the night?
maybe i might
love should never have to be a secret
whats it worth if its only valuable to those who keep it?

She's smiling at me now to say she's leaving
about to walk out on me, satisfied yet still needing
i spring off the bed and take hold of her arm
the truth is best now that there's no need for charm
would i give my true self to this shameless vixen?
maybe its the post coital hormones i've got mixing
up with feelings of any real substance
you cant sniff out true passion yet they claim "love stinks"!
what would they say if we became a couple?
could i handle the jocular pressure and social trouble?
i'd never feel secure with another guy near her
how much I seem like a prostitute in the mirror

I declare i want more
she pecks my cheek
doesn't speak
just opens and shuts the door.

No comments: