Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions

You'd envelope yourself into me
for comfort
for pleasure
release
But my hands were molded coarsely
of questions
of fears
of needs

So when we slept, we lay in parts
And when we danced, we bruised our hearts
the song is over
the tide is in
but i promise to never lie again
and say that I don't love you...

I washed your hair soulfully
with calm
with tenderness
affection
but you only let me skin deep
for sense
for logic
self protection

So when we laughed, it was from our lungs
and when we kissed, we hid our tongues
but this song is over
the tide's come in
i lied before
and will never lie again
I love you now
as I loved you then
but love is always
the beginning of the end...

........................................

for the girl i should have married... we couldn't quite figure it out but i'll always belong to you... just looking for the courage to come find you... Happy New Year Q... Love M.

No comments: