Sunday, December 27, 2009

Savannah Mural

Don’t take the call
This night could be all we have to live on
Before our memories get cloudy
And the world around me
Becomes my life away from you

There’ll be no teary promises
I couldn’t have asked for a truer heart
So let’s not taint the night
With the very voices driving us apart
Let’s paint elephants across the ceiling
And soak in each feeling
So deep
That this night will never go to sleep

Let me into your secret
Hold fast to this moment
So your heart can keep it
All your days
Let me paint a Savannah mural
Across your womb
So that even when the darkness looms
You’ll recall what love gave us this night



My special girl
Coming together on a blanketed floor
Couldn’t find a truer love in all the world
And yet no one’s hurt me more.


...I understand your commitments and sense of responsibility... but just once, i wish you didnt make me feel like everything else in the world comes before me... comes before US... just once i'd like to know that WE mean more.

No comments: