Saturday, May 06, 2006

Devotion.

Its not easy to be such a mess,
a neverending work in progress;
there are days i'm so close to deflating
but somehow i end up just waiting.

I'm so far off the track it's funny,
but life cant be just about the money,
so much time i spend debating
that somehow i end up just waiting.

Why can't i just be one of the pack,
and just unleash my daddy mack?
i really should be out there mating
but somehow i end up just waiting.

Even when all the elements are aligned,
when any other man would jump in blind,
when their arms are more than accomdating,
somehow i end up just waiting.

There's so much more that i can be;
gotta rid myself of this debris,
cos it's for you i'm self-creating
so somehow i end up just waiting.

I sometimes wish i could believe
that contentment was all i would achieve,
that you're not even worth contemplating
but somehow i end up just waiting.

I don't know how i know i'm right
why i fight temptation with all my might
cos at times it gets real frustrating, true,
but i know you're out there, just waiting too.

3 comments:

ish said...

i repeat: naye u like love!!

p.s. this country song could be the slogan for one of those virginity campaign things like that one which has rallies at didi's world and makes u sign some yellow paper that says u'll "just wait" (not that i've ever been to one of their rallies, a friend of a friend told me!)

R. Wagaba said...

seriously, i was gonna delete this comment cos you're perverting my poem ...*cough*... country song by making it a "virginity campaign." Celibacy and virginity are not necessarily synonymous.
But the bracketed confession made this worth saving. I'd love to hear about those rallies, Ish.

Iwaya said...

i think i'm in slight awe of the quality of all your posts thus far.