Friday, May 12, 2006

The last known photo of Gavrilo Princip.

I'm sick of digging their roads and ditches,
today i'll show those sons of bitches,
i'll put their callous tyranny to sleep;
all of Europe's going to weep.

At last there's a fire in my heart
though the rest of me should fall apart,
i'll know my death has left a stain;
Petar, forgive me for the pain.

Marija, i'll be the last child you forget,
this young Bosniak is far too upset
to spend another day coughing blood;
Europe's tears will cause a flood.

My hand has turned the darkest black ;
watch me pull off my sneak attack,
watch me slip right under their fat noses,
i'll bury them in their wine and roses.

Seventeen years of this disease,
today i'll bring Europe to it's knees,
two shots for all their future sins;
this is where the war begins.

So, quick! take your silly photograph,
they'll look back on it but they wont laugh,
they'll know my face and recall my name;
Europe will never again be the same.


Special Thanks to Iwaya who's insightful blog brought Gavrilo's story to my attention with this post: http://madandcrazy.blogspot.com/2006/05/gavrilo.html

2 comments:

Iwaya said...

brilliant stuff! i hadn't actually thought about it in that way until reading this. there is actually an extrordinary photograph of gavrilo being arrested immediately after the shooting!

then of course there are the photographs of him in his court appearances and before execution that make it seem that dying was humane because it seems he was put through grueling rounds of torture. look at his eyes.

Iwaya said...

just about now some updates would come in handy!