Sunday, November 12, 2006

Signal flares

Much like the seas, I'm stirred
i gave my word to be in love
to fall in love, I'd have preferred
that Cupid heard my prayers from above
and peeled back layers unrefined
lost in time are words I feel
i'm unreal and going blind
unwinding stairs of steel
that stole my signal flares
i still go there into that hole
though my soul be short of cares
i prepare to fill that role
that hill of coal and tears
where fears are lost into the night
frost gathers spite before it clears
at what cost do we hear the right?
so not tonight, i say goodbye
and try to stay at home
for there are but two ways to die
and i will not die alone.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Yay, he's back! Welcome back.

Nice last line.

Minty said...

Have I ever said how I love your use of internal rhyme? Let me say so now. I do. Muchos.

eddiie said...

......so not tonight, i say goodbye
and try to stay at home
for there are but two ways to die
and i will not die alone.........

That caught my heart....

Iwaya said...

I absolutely, completely love that title!!! oooooh, why did i never think of it??? and the poem so justifies the lovely title that i'm left with never a chance to crib it and use it some other time. double damn! oh well, lemme stop complaining and re-enjoy this.

ish said...

"i gave my word to be in love
to fall in love,/I'd have preferred/that Cupid heard my prayers from above"

who prays to Cupid??

me, that's who. and i can feel the heart behind this poetry.