Monday, January 08, 2007

Brink state of mind.

Some days i wish you'd never said
that sweet unrest inside my head
the words you spoke on which i choke:

"I love you, Rich, i love you broke,
my shield and spear, i love you true."

Just so we're clear, i love you too

but we cant dream the end to remake the start
so just how does one break a heart?
Do we sleep together but wake apart?
Or say forever then fake the art?
Because love is to be appreciated,
respected, honoured and non-negotiated

yet I've seen you cry
how does one begin to say goodbye?

Some days leave blisters across my skin
and the moonlight whispers: "You've lost again"
give me amnesia, give me some help,
how does one do this to someone else?

Do i kiss your tears and hold mine back?
dismiss your fears of dying old and fat
and alone?
How does one tear down a home?
How does one go through the motions?
Cry me a river, flood me an ocean,
drown me in this blissful commotion
wash the hurt away.

So here i stand on the brink,
gravely wounded and losing Ink
i wish i had more time to think
to imagine how you feel at night
in the rain, in the sun,
when you're wrong, when you're right
does happines learn to decieve?

Or do i just open the door and leave?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just loved this poem...I could almost feel it flow from a beating heart.
Keep writing...I'll look for more.
All good wishes,

Iwaya said...

where do you get these titles, man???

Minty said...

Is the agony and the ecstasy yours, as in Rich's? Am looking at the 4th line.

Anonymous said...

Man, just open the door and leave! U know u wanna.

Totally diggin this poem.

R. Wagaba said...

@Jay: just checked and surprise,surprise, my heart still beats!! Thanks man.
@Iwaya: All i'll say is "Rock on MTV!!"
@Minty: Its always about me...even the Zidane one, the pencil pusher, Gravilo and the Arsonist.
@Cheri: I'll take your advice with a grain of salt.

Anonymous said...

As The Crow Cries

You dont know the half of it
How you bring me down to this
Love so big it cannot fit
Inside a smile nor in a kiss
Women can cry as crows can fly

We used to be girls
and now we're women
Picking daisies and curls
To transecting intact hymen
Women can cry as crows can fly

Awake in heart and soul
Emotion i do not recognize
Black as coal from pole to pole
I guess i can't compartmentalize
Crows too cry,
can women fly?

Anonymous said...

dude..this is deep..man u can make some wanna give u a hug and say 'cheer up lad'..

eddiie said...

Oh!..the story continues..........

Quillonpaper said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR dude!