Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Lorry Driver's Mistress.

I told her

because no one should be a substitute
a seat filler, second choice prostitute
for the desires of such a needy man
some nights I just need his hands
to rub away thoughts of my seedless plans
my past mistakes and those still to come
to erase any trace of where I'm from
to drive his lorry across my plains
camoflouge dejection among orgasmic stains
its miraculous what the touch of a human hand can do
if I could rip the heart of that woman's man in two
I'd keep a half for myself and our little bastard.

I told her

maybe just to see the look on her face
see this kind of love leaves a sour taste
3 hearts in love means one goes to waste
I might lose out, hell, I took a chance
just couldnt stand any longer to watch them dance
and wish that I was the one on the ballroom floor
that I was the pride of the gala not the midnight whore
it hurts, to love so much that you grow five hearts
to forget who you are but only be loved back in parts
every night I vow it's my last mistake
I watch him sleep in my bed till at last he wakes
then he reaches for my heart as, alas, it breaks
knowing love doesnt heed to "void passed this date."

I told her

because no one deserves to be
a substitute for love, no, not even me.

11 comments:

Iwaya said...

all your love stories are sad stories these days. why can't we have happy, beautifully told stories like these stunning sad tales? or is happiness too hard to write?

Anonymous said...

Ditto Iwaya..the last happy story was to yo "Queen bee".

Smile- Jesus Loves U!

Minty said...

Wamma don't listen to these guys. If it's sad, you gotta squeeze every sadness from it.

eddiie said...

Three hearts,one goes for a waste...........i hope that could be far away from yours........

ish said...

dude, it's trippy how well u understand women. do u watch Oprah??

i know this aint the first time i'm said this, but i could've so written this! if i were a mistress.. feelin like "...a substitute/ a seat filler, second choice prostitute" like right down to your choice of pronouns, u nailed the emotion

found this line particularly deep, "to forget who you are but only be loved back in parts"

Quillonpaper said...

dude, this be true! second-rate love; 'ave a feeling it hurts women more than it does men too! What's your take?

Anonymous said...

Damn right, it hurts women more!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to ask this highly unpopular question: is women's pain more real than men's just because it's more emotionally expressed?

ish said...

i don't think women's pain is particularly more real, i just think there's a tendancy for women to be more vulnerable than men thus they get hurt more.

but if u're talking quality of pain and not quantity (i.e. amount of times one gets hurt), pain is pain bro.

Iwaya said...

@Goddess: pain is pain...i think i'll add that to love is pain, in the quotes section!

now how about a new one Just Rich?
you know i stopped myself from calling you JR anymopre bse it reminded me too much of the Ewing character who was called JR, i think a nasty, charismatic oil millionaire businessman from Texas. trivia, i just thought i should share, richly endowed with it as I'm now.

Minty said...

@Iwaya, 'richly endowed'... with trivia from...from 'Dallas'? Standards at stake here.