Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Her favourite toy

She keeps me propped against the wall
looking down on her other trinkets
she knows i see them, i see them all
it angers me so i try not to think it
cos i'm the one she loves the best
spends more time with me than the rest
and that should be enough, right?
maybe she doesnt play with me every night
but I'm her favourite, she said so
do you know how special that is?

its like.... its like.... REALLY special, okay?

its just there's never enough room for her to play
with me and the rest of her INSIGNIFICANT playthings
see, we worked it out such that she can cater to her cravings
just as long as it's me she loves the most
i can look them in the eyes and boast-

no, .....we didnt set it down in stone
or sign a contract
but when we make contact
i know i could never again play alone
that's not the same as being misused
hey, I'm a GROWN ASS MAN and this is what i choose

-well not a man but sure as hell a grown ass toy
just sometimes wishing I was a real boy.

1 comment:

ish said...

and i thought i was the only one who saw all the mature themes in Pinnochio! and don't even get started on the Wizard of Oz... wasn't til I read an essay by Salman Rushdie that I realized I wasn't alone on that either... dude knows all about that...

anyway, point is, sometimes, it's SAFE being a toy, u know? REAL people have to deal with issues toys wouldn't believe. and sometimes, emotion is so BIG, u wanna detach yourself from it all and stay a toy, u get?