Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Forgotten

Imagine if Barbara Jean looked more like Baby Jane
or if I was born mean and chose to stay the same
would i still have a shot of making it to paradise
i say you cant achieve alot by faking being nice
you gotta say something and put yourself on the map
shoot hoops, be a teacher, save a life or rap
but say something before you lose the power to speak
this is the hour, life is now, those are the stars now reach
this is for all those who found the courage to fight back
i know it might sound hurried but this is the right track
its the song of the revolution coming your way
its wrong but I've made a resolution to stay
and say something that counts
because all we be amounts to squat, zip, zero
show me a fallen hero and I'll show you disloyal fans
you dont need to shake royal hands to change the world
the future lies in the plans of every little boy and girl
every street urchin and outlaw, every crook and the forgotten
this beat we workin got me hurtin, lookin at rock bottom
paging God, thinkin I got Him then being left on hold
its time to fold up those dreams and have this story retold
cos I'm the writer, I'm the fighter and I decide what's true
Barabara Jean or Baby Jane, the choice is up to me and you.

2 comments:

The 27th Comrade said...

You know ... if you keep rhyming hard like this, I will personally threaten you into recording the next big winner. I hope you smell the seriousness.

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

your blog name is beautiful!! I'mn not getting over it!