Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The drunk goodbye.

I'm off to Las Vegas and it's for good,
been playing the stakes higher than i should,
I gambled my shadow right where i stood,
woulda tried abit harder if i thought i could.

I'm headed to Vegas but before i leave,
i want your name to be the last breath i breathe:
i'm gonna win it all back, babe, cos i believe;
let that reassurance to you be the last i deceive.

I'm going to Las Vegas and i wont be back.
Whatever the stakes, never fold your right to be black;
i leave you all my chips though it's no big stack:
my life silently switched to the side B track.

I'm on my way to Vegas cos it's in my stars,
whatever you do, dont let them see your cards,
dont lose yourself to loose women in loose bars;
I'm 'a win it back, babe: our house, our love, our cars.

It's off to Las Vegas and then it's done,
you're the only jackpot i ever won,
but i lost this race even before it begun;
gonna win it all back, babe, gonna be number one.

I'm leaving for Vegas but first i'll say:
just ignore Frank, don't do things my way,
don't hitchhike your way through life on the highway;
take care of yourself, i love ya, goodbye babe.

2 comments:

ish said...

so is this the life-long dream concerning vegas??

Darlkom said...

i love this. i love this, i would never have figured you for the poetry type but again i last saw you in P.7 obsessed with hardy boys. Darlyne