Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Lorry Driver

She knows

Cant say for sure what gave me away
i get this uncontrollable twitch and start to fumble
just stumble through the day when wrought in confusion
the world i built her was just an illusion
whose walls have begun to crumble
now will she stay?

We didnt do this to each other
she's far more than just a lover
not just another sexy broad i met
she's one i wont forget
i do regret my young mistake
but wont she stay, for heaven's sake?

She knows

and the guilt inside me painfully grows
each time the dj plays our favourite slows
i see in her eyes, she knows
yet she still sways her body to my song
maybe she's known it all along
which maybe means that she might stay
how did we end up this way?

It's too late to say I'm sorry
the story wont speak in my favour
feels like I've been hit by a lorry
Heaven's, she's such a precious flavour
every time she rubs my chest
she was so good to me, really, the best
and now I've thrown that all away
what can i do to make her stay?

She knows

i know she knows and now its clear
Dear God! I've never known such fear
cos when she knows, she's gone for sure
not even Cupid's got this cure
how could i have been so damn possessed?
cos she was TOO good for me, i swear, the best
but i did this, i did the wrong
and she has known it all along.

7 comments:

Minty said...

Ouch, that's not a good place to be. You know she can be 'gone' even if she stays, and I think that's worse than her not staying.

Forgive me for doing this (poetic license, yadda) but why is this called 'the Lorry driver'?

Darlkom said...

As always, beautiful.

eddiie said...

if she is dow for yah, i do not think she can let you pass over like that...

You know love is the best chemistry yet to be critisized.But take yo heart easy, you have her.

R. Wagaba said...

@Minty: i was watching a lorry crash into a brick wall when i got the inspiration for this. Thus the 24th line ( yes, you made me count); who do you think is driving that lorry? but more on that in the sequel...
@ Darlkom: One of these days, I'ma pry a 2-sentence comment outta you.
@ Eddiie: My heart is only easy as long as I have her.
@ Iwayazpassions: Collection, eh? I like the sound of that. October's my month of sappy love. Next month I'll alienate you all with my suicidal ramblings.

Kanyana said...

I totally agree with Iwayazpassions, a collection sounds GREAT, :) Beautiful poems u got here Rich!!! Bless!

Cheri said...

"In the beautiful mind of Just Rich"

Shd be the title of this collection.

Told u am not creative!

ish said...

do real live men actualy feel like this when they wrong their women? driven to near hysterics with guilt?

and then do they really not apologize cuz "It's too late to say I'm sorry/the story wont speak in my favour"??

and here i was thinkin men were just jerks!