Friday, March 09, 2007

The Brew

I'm sick of being the villain in this fairytale
hocus pocus, gotta keep focused
the same ole, same ole's turned very stale
maybe there's just not enough love for both of us

so i hit the brew
its the only way to keep from thinking of you
and thinking i'm wrong

Is she eyeing me, this saucy minx?
Methinks she is so I play it cool
I'm no fool but- Oh! how this stinks!
I love my girl so i turn my stool
and face the other end of the bar

but not too far

just enough so i am not cheating
and, damn, is my heart beating
pumping, thumping, bursting
first things first-

i can offer her a drink
and if worst comes to worst
if it hits the fan before i have time to think
it'll atleast cure my self-destructive thirst
cos lets face it, clean or sober
we both know this is over
but we play masquerades
yet i never took to such charades

the minx is still eying me and i eye her back
she bends over and i eye her rack
that was intentional, most conventional
easiest way to trap a fly
is to slap it in the eye
and boy am i drunk!
this minx's got me super funked

so i'm sorry now for what i'm about to do
the wierdest thing's just struck me true
right before i crossed salvation into taboo
my very last thought was of hurting you.

No comments: