Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Jess

She liked to wear her hair in curls
that was her thing
I didnt sing much about it
just tried to give her the world

she wouldnt take it
she believed that i could make it
she'd say, "tomorrow is yours for the taking"

Do you know what its like to have someone believe in you
especially when there seems no reason to
except for that spark of magic they see in you
her faith was all i had to to see me through

Yet i never told her
I look back on it now that I'm older
and i know it was best to let it go to waste
because just maybe her faith was misplaced

just like the curls she loved to wear
i spent hours longing to touch her hair
and now when i pull out this photo of us and stare
i see who she thought i was and wish i was there.

1 comment:

The 27th Comrade said...

Hey, I had a picture of someone all through. Not the same someone. It changes a minimum of five times (six times on the third time I read through).

Powerful.