Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fear of flying

flies for friends
was a time when i could fly to the end
of time and space
now there's too much spit in my face
their love was just a charade
no parades unless you're saving the world
only infantile insults hurled
but you wont see me hoping,
its gone, I'm broken

papers printing prophecies
even my shadow wont talk to me
evolved to obsolete
cant taste the food i eat
because i'm a waste of space
and they spit too much spit in my face
if you cant fly fast
the past doesnt count
only the world around
you jump, its just you and the ground
i cant save lives
its gone and i dont know why

ever expanding evidence
havent slept a wink ever since
they began to build their case
i deserve the wrath but not spit in the face
they used to think i was beautiful
when i could fly
they'd look up to the sky
and marvel but i was just being dutiful
until i let her slip away
if you cant fly fast enough
then you better sit and stay
like a good dog, be rough
cos one slip can cost you everything
you jump not knowing what heaven brings
or what hell presents
my love is gone and i make no sense

No comments: