Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Relapse

Its been several months and countless days
since my last drink
I'd say its toughest pulling off the freeways
when i have to think:

will i make it home tonight?

amidst an infestation of bars
resisting a temptation i dont want to fight
its toughest alone in my car
when all that stands between you and i
is that moral conundrum of: do or die?

you are my catch-22

its not fair how you tease me every night
why cant easy ever be right?
i gotta keep it together
my sponsor says i'm getting better
healing that cut sore
but what for?
give you up and then.... whats the point?
i only ever felt at home in a cheap gin joint
only ever felt loved in your arms
how can i be asked to give up your charms?

The babies
thats whose keeping me strong
without booze steering me wrong
i can fight the urge on the daily
cos soon i'm going to be a father
gotta keep you away if i'ma make it
so i drive passed, not cos i'm not bothered
its that i've taught myself how to fake it.

No comments: