Monday, August 27, 2007

Her testimony

"...for acts egregious..."
i'm quoting from the papers you filed
Lord, Jesus...
who are you to call me vile?!
After all the years we spent
through job promotions to when we had no rent
i stayed
sleepless nights not knowing where you went
i prayed
and somehow thats egregious?
Heavens please us!
You were right in one thing:
I will fight for every cent
did i ever leave you wanting?
swear it now in front of the judge
when you were groaning and panting
were you ever short of love?
No, you just weren't clever
i let your cheating go on forever
and your thanks is to take me to court?
Isnt that egregious thanks for my support?
But i wont be the fool
cooked your meals, took Junior to school
massages, fanned you when you were hot...
you're gonna pay me everything you've got
and you will get me everything you dont
for go on playing the fool, i wont
claiming you loved me without returning proof
too long, i've ignored the burning truth
And of course
you thank me by filing for divorce
Suddenly realising that our son needs us
He's needed us for the twelve years since he was born!
Your Honour, i submit his love as the act egregious
for it has turned me to a woman scorned.

No comments: