Friday, August 24, 2007

Recurring thoughts

Complexity
is not having you next to me
wish i could take it all back
get some rest-
whats this vice-like pain to the chest?
My God! i think i'm having a heart attack!
and your face is all i want to see
before i'm gone
your beautiful face crying for me
knowing i've been wrong
my entire left side's gone numb
all i have is the memory of your voice
baby, we dont get to make a retrospective choice
but is it too late to say i was a dumb
stupid, shitheaded bastard jerk?
maybe if i.... if i could just...
no, sympathy wont work
i'm blacking out, dust to dust
i've figured out... i've.....
listen
i was only alive....
there's so much in my head
.... only alive because of that thing you said:

Complexity
is recurring thoughts of you vexing me

and this is as plain a letter as i can write
dust to dust, goodbye sweet night

No comments: