Sunday, August 05, 2007

The battle of the alleycats

I wished he'd just kick me in the butt
cos if i felt something, i'd know i wasnt a fluke
he read my mind but kicked me in the gut
asked how i felt, i said," like puke."

He said i looked like it too
like the heavens had barfed me onto platea
what if it was just something i was going through
he had no right to call me out like he was a soothsayer

I explained to him i had lost a goddess
he didnt appreciate me being honest
so he told me the most truthful lie
he said,"we are all born to die."

He said,"Hearts are given so we can feel the pain,
the sun is only here to illuminate the rain..."
and he just went on and on kickin knowledge
he didnt realise i didnt need to go to college
to know that i was a victim of his hustle
"i dont lift weights, i just flex my brain muscle"

But he still wasnt impressed by my ironic wit
he kicked my chair across the room while i was on it
thus began the battle of the alleycats
i hoped he'd just beat me up badly, fast
cos i was tired of remembering her sleepy voice
i let him kick my ass like i didnt have a choice
just let the pain overwhelm me till i became someone else

-then ma turned on the light and yelled, "Quit fighting with yourself!"

No comments: