Thursday, September 27, 2007

Masquerading Hippie

Corrugated iron roofing
locked gate with burglar proofing
leave me out of it
i want to go home

protest fire illuminates the night
but i wont stay for this fight
we missed our revolution
skepticism dressed as evolution
give me my things
and i go home

4 by 2 and a half foot work space
you think they read humility in my face
or is it clearly humiliation?
masquerading hippie in a square nation
rebel without a clue
child was starving, what could i do?
i sold out for a loaf of bread
should i have been a poor husband instead?

on the frontlines with you chucking slogans
"make love not war" or "free fucking; no guns"?
i sold out to support my fam
there's no rallies on how to be a man
i sold you out without putting up a fight
so i could get home to my wife and kid tonight

No comments: